6.26.2008

cardboard


i think last night went well. i have learned, though, that the "success" of a service lies not in the emotion or flow of the night but in what happens down the road. so, i guess you could say i am holding off on determining how well selah went.

all that being said...

i enjoyed it.
i was surprised by it.
i was challenged by it.
i needed it.

last week, i really had a hard time communicating what God was laying on my heart.
i felt like i just did not get the job done. there are nights when i feel like i just did not do what i needed to do.
last night, though, i felt better. i had wrestled, i mean really wrestled with what God was doing in me. we had other plans for how it was supposed to go, but finally resigned ourselves to let God have it.

i really hate when i get in the way of that.

we talked about "nanotheology." i get so caught up in the "big" things that i miss out on the little things, the things right in front of me...like loving my neighbor. i really needed this study. i needed this perspective.

the podcast is up.
check out the pictures that mikey took.

may we always be aware of those next to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was really great last night. It has been a few weeks since I have been there due to GRADUATION and my break to ole bama.

I find it not very ironic that "loving your neighbor" was the topic that God laid on your heart to talk about!

Because I was hurt recently and my attitude was oh pitty me and I was mad and hurt. But last night opened my eyes to the fact that, now I know how that feels I need to be more conscious of how I love or don't love my friends and to not treat anyone the way I was treated. I thought I was doing a good job in this area but I think it could use some improvement!

Thanks and it's great to be back!!!!