6.04.2008

like usual

You would think it wouldn't phase me anymore.
At the very least, that I would catch on to some sort of a pattern.

It just wasn't a great day, all around. It is tough to have too great of a day when you start it off with a two and a half hour staff meeting. I mean who lives for that?

Wednesdays for me are a marathon day. 8:30 AM Staff Meeting followed by another meeting for Sunday School. Usually followed by lunch. Today I had to visit a couple of hospitals. I had a counseling session. I had to finish up some stuff for the talk tonight and get the room set up.

I started off this week really stoked about Selah tonight. I love that time we have together and I love the time leading up to it: the studying, the creative planning. I was looking forward to tonight because I knew my heart had been wrecked by what God was doing and my eyes were opened to a ton of new things, and newness always excites me.

This afternoon I heard from some people that they would not be there tonight which probably shouldn't get to me as much, but it does. Then we ran into some complaints about the changes we were making in the room which really got me pretty discouraged. But, it made me go back to prayer and let Him take it. So, I texted our leadership/core team and just let them know that I was discouraged and that we needed to pray and saturate tonight in prayer. Our team is awesome, I got text after text back saying they were on it.

It seems that each time Wednesday starts to fall apart, we have an incredible night.
Tonight was no different.
All of the previous stuff happened, then my mic was not working so we couldn't podcast. But, God doesn't need a mic, or a fancy room...He just is.

No matter what.
In our weakness He is made strong.

It is awesome to be along for the ride.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I for one was really encouraged by tonight! I really felt the Spirit of the Lord there, and felt the love in the hearts of everyone. I am so blessed to be apart of it all! I can't wait to see what God has in store for the group!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was great, and I have nothing to compare it too because it was my fist time. Keep casting vision and turning on lights in the SAV. God is doing great stuff with you guys and I believe he wants to do even more. Stay sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading, I believe in you man!

Anonymous said...

hey this whole blog thing s cool... if i did typed at 100 words an HOUR i might do it! anywho, i am late at posting a comment so give me a freakin break, im new at this, but wed was awesome. i was blown away at the fact that everything worked out even though nothing was working out. i love finding god in that..